Effective November 1, 2012
IMPORTANT PRIVACY NOTICE REGARDING YOUR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION
At PetPartners and American Pet Insurance Company, we know the importance of respecting your privacy and maintaining your trust. We have physical, electronic, and procedural security measures in place that comply with legal standards to protect your personal information.
(1) What we collect
In order for us to obtain or service the insurance products that you ask for from us, we may collect personal information from you, as well as from others. Personal Information includes any identifying information, such as:
- Your name, address, e-mail address, phone number;
- Age, marital status, occupation, social security number, assets, income, and beneficiaries;
- Credit history, credit standing, policy coverage, claim history, premiums, and payment history.
We collect your personal information from:
- You in person, by telephone, or over the Internet;
- Forms you submit to us, such as applications, claims, and policy updates
- Your business dealings with us and with other companies;
- Consumer reporting agencies;
(2) How we use personal information
We only disclose your information as allowed or required by law. In those instances, we may disclose your information without your prior consent. We do not sell your information to anyone for any reason. In order for us to obtain, or to service, the insurance products that you ask for from us, we may need to disclose your information to affiliated and unaffiliated companies. Our affiliates include companies: (1) that we own or control; (2) that own or control us; (3) that are owned or controlled by the same company that owns and controls us; and (4) that own or control the same company that owns and controls us. Our affiliates include insurance companies, insurance agencies, and other financial service companies ("Affiliates").
We may disclose personal information to:
- Financial companies, such as life, automobile, and property insurers, and insurance agents or brokers;
- Service providers that help process or service your account;
- Veterinary facilities or providers, to verify coverage and benefits;
- A court, governmental or regulatory agency when there is a lawful request;
- Law enforcement to protect against fraud or unauthorized transactions;
- A group policyholder for purposes of billing and collecting premium or reporting claims experience;
- Service providers that perform insurance or business functions for us;
- Business partners that provide services and fulfillment on our behalf
We may share personal information with insurance data banks that collect information about claim history, accident fault, and amounts paid. Insurance data banks may retain that information and disclose it to other insurance companies and others legally entitled to see it. We send current customers a privacy notice each year. If our practices change, we will inform you promptly. We treat our former customer's information with the same level of protection as our current customer's information.
Please feel free to call us at our toll free number at 866.774.1113 if you would like to ask us any questions about this form, or about any of our policies.
We look forward to serving all of your insurance needs.
PetPartners, Inc., PO Box 37940, Raleigh, NC 27627-7940
Telephone (919) 926-2900 Fax (919) 859-8193 Email firstname.lastname@example.org